Swashbuckler | Member since 2019 | Germany
291 Ratings | 349 Likes | 11 Followers
I've been tasting rums for a few years and am interested in the latest bottlings.
I like all kinds of r(h)ums, dirty, strong and sweet rums.
My criteria are as follows:
1. complexity, how many flavors are in the taste and how often do they change.
2. Intensity, how intensive and saturated are the flavors. High abv intensifies the flavors. I deduct points when I taste alcohol.
3. Balance, are there dominating flavors, how do they change in the initial, middle, finish, aftertaste.
4. Aging, how much wood influence, tannins, heavy flavors like rubber, leather, tobacco are in the rum.
5. Clarity, is there a distillery character. Are the individual aromas clearly perceptible? Meets this rum my expectation and is it better than my reference rum.
6. Excitement, do I experience something new according to a reference r(h)um. Is there something exceptional.
7. A good scent should be reflected in the taste.
Rum with sugar tastes milder and suggests older age. I differentiate the ratings, since there are rum lovers who only like natural rum. That is why I mark natural rum in the heading with the capital letters NR.
Beginner guide: http://rumproject.com/menuitem2.html
Rating system: https://refinedvices.com/the-rating-system
Hydrometers tests (sugar content): http://www.drecon.dk/index.php/17-list-of-rum-measured
Garganos classification: http://rummaniacs.spazioweb.net/Notes_and_Categories
High Ester rum marques: https://cocktailwonk.com/rum-marques
All topics: https://cocktailwonk.com/all-about-rum
Ranking - https://singlecaskrum.com/2020/03/19/14482/
Demerara - https://inuakena.com/misc/a-visit-to-demerara-distillers-limited
Demerara - https://cocktailwonk.com/2020/02/demerara-distillers-part-one.html
Foursquare - https://inuakena.com/misc/a-visit-to-foursquare-rum-distillery/
Angostura - https://cocktailwonk.com/2020/03/age-angostura-part-one.html
Mount Gay - https://inuakena.com/misc/a-visit-to-mount-gay-distillery/
West Indies - https://inuakena.com/misc/a-visit-to-west-indies-rum-distillery/
St. Lucia - https://cocktailwonk.com/2019/08/still-life-saint-lucia-distillers.html
Don Q - https://cocktailwonk.com/2020/02/don-q-deep-dive.html
Grenada - https://cocktailwonk.com/2020/04/grenada-rum-cheat-sheet.html
Easily access Rumratings while on the go by adding a shortcut to your home screen. All you have to do is click the icon and then Add the RumRatings App