Background Image
Preload image
Bayou Gator Bite coffee liqueur rum

Bayou Gator Bite coffee liqueur

United States | Flavored

4 ratings
Tasty, but not quite great

Rate Bayou Gator Bite coffee liqueur

Tap to Rate

Review Images

User review image
User review image
User review image

4 Bayou Gator Bite coffee liqueur Ratings

Sort by: Popularity | Newest | Oldest | Rating

Cool Breeze (PREMIUM) πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ | 564 ratings
Posted 1 year ago

Dark brown. Coffee and PDQ chocolate aroma. Kahlua with a tangy bite. Strong marshmallow sweetness to the finish. With a few drops of water this gets even more coffee like.

revsteph (PREMIUM) πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ | 376 ratings
Posted 1 year ago

Tasted at Flotsam Paradise March 24, 2023
Appearance: looks like coffee!
Aroma: smells like coffee!
Flavor: tastes like coffee!

SerenityFF πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ | 50 ratings
Posted 1 year ago

This is not a rum, but a coffee (some might say chocolate) liqueur made at a rum distillery. It was sweet and chocolatey to me, much more chocolate than coffee. I think it could work great in an after dinner cocktail or something needing a sweet, chocolate addition.

Paul B πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ | 472 ratings
Posted over 4 years ago

This new flavored rum from Bayou was a pleasant surprise this morning. The nose smells like Kahlua Coffee Liqueur. It is sweet but not disgustingly so. At 26% ABV and only $17 US, I would have to say that this one is comprised of their Silver Rum with black coffee added with a bit of sweetening. Since this is the only coffee flavored rum that I have reviewed, I have no others to compare it to. It is good enough to drink neat, on the rocks, or in creative mixed drinks. I am not a baker, but I would venture to say that it would make great cakes and cookies.

Since these bottles are very hard to find and their website does not even show this one, I will give my estimate for those who are willing to make their own blend. Bayou Silver Rum should be 65% of the final batch. Dark roasted Central American Arabica coffee should be brewed strong and slightly sweetened, and this will make up the other 35%. All I did to figure this out was to divide 26% ABV by 40% ABV to find 65% rum in this mix.

Update November 12, 2019:

After rating 271 rums over the past 22 months, I have come to the conclusion that I should only concentrate on the top 45 best purchases made over this time for repeat purchases. They range in price from $17 US to $65 US. So it will be quite a while before any rum that is new to me inspires me to plunk down the bucks and try it just to add another review.

Brand Details

Type: Flavored
Company: Bayou
Country: United States
Name: Gator Bite coffee liqueur
Raw Material: Unknown
Process: Unknown
Distillation: Unknown
Women Led: No