Santiago de Cuba Anejo 8-Year rum

Santiago de Cuba Anejo 8-Year

Cuba | Aged | 40.0% ABV | Column Still (5+) Distilled

11 ratings
Recommendable to most

Rate Santiago de Cuba Anejo 8-Year

Tap to Rate

Advert Image

Advertisement | Go Premium to remove

Review Images

User review image
User review image

11 Santiago de Cuba Anejo 8-Year ratings

Sort by: Popularity | Newest | Oldest | Rating

Neman3 (PREMIUM) 🇨🇦 | 248 ratings
Posted over 1 year ago

I've had Santiago de Cuba 11yo, 12, 20, anejo and extra Seco, and I liked all of them. Now it's aged min 8 years and again it's a pleasure to consume.
Easy aroma with hint of alcohol.
Oily, oaky, fruity and smooth on palate. Yota of alcohol burn. Absolutely on par with it's elder 11, 12yo brothers while being 2½ times more affordable.
Long, addictive aftertaste.

Bravo Santiago de Cuba!

Leo K 🇨🇦 | 67 ratings
Posted over 1 year ago

Bought this on a recent trip to Cuba. This is a very versatile rum. It is not too expensive to mix and yet it is quite palatable straight.....if you like Cuban-Dominican rums.
It is not overly sweet nor does it have an alchohol aftertaste like many lower tier rums. It has a taste similiar to that of the 12 year old (my favorite), albeit not as pronounced. Living in Canada, l can only hope that the LCBO picks this up....

Jimmy Cliff (PREMIUM) 🇺🇸 | 470 ratings
Posted over 1 year ago

Nice smooth rum not as dry as other Santiago great Cuba Libra ok neat but not my favorite.

Kieron wood 🇬🇧 | 622 ratings
Posted almost 2 years ago

Orange , cloves , tobacco ,

Apple, honey , oak , tobacco , pepper

Frederick Lussier 🇨🇦 | 150 ratings
Posted 3 months ago

Rhum facile d’approche avec un taux de sucre assez élevé. Sur le caramel et boisé. Beau produit pour le prix

pride 🇮🇹 | 10 ratings
Posted 3 months ago

Very good ron for only 26€, truly raccomended. I prefere this Santiago 8 on Havana 7

David 🇪🇸 | 23 ratings
Posted 4 months ago

You definitely notice a lot of wood and abscense of additives; that's why I think it's a straight honest rum. It ain't the best but it's not cheating.

Suvis0 (PREMIUM) 🇱🇹 | 59 ratings
Posted 6 months ago

Decent rum for a good price. Taste itself isn't sophisticated but there is not much alcohol aftertaste which makes it feel more expensive than it actually is.

Charles M 🇬🇧 | 148 ratings
Posted 8 months ago

I found this in my local supermarket and it was just a wee bit more than Mountgay Eclipse.

Smooth. That's the over riding impression from this 40% ABV rum. I drink rum 99% straight up (the other 1% is Dark N Stormy) and this is perfectly easy to drink. While not the best rum, when factoring in price, it really is good VFM. It lacks a little bit of length and depth, which a bit more oak might sort out.

But really, for the price, you're not going to lose out on this one.

However, it is a wee bit too sweet. If they dialled that down a bit, I can't help think that it would be for the better. Doing that though, might take away from the smoothness, so it's a balancing act, one which doesn't quite hit my tastes. Given that, maybe it would be a good mixer.

Samson 🇫🇷 | 22 ratings
Posted 10 months ago

Légèrement sucré et délicat en bouche, rhum très dorée

Brand Details

Name: Anejo 8-Year
Company: Santiago de Cuba
Type: Aged
Distillation: Column Still (5+)
ABV: 40.0%
Aged: 8