Signup to like this comment
Most of you that’s active on the Discussion Forum, know that I’m helping Andy and his team to replace temporary images with correct ones and that I also report doubles to him (cause I can’t fix that myself).
Right now I’m almost ready having checked all brands and bottles on the site. So if you still have temporary images in your cabinet it depends on that I don’t have enough info to find it or that it’s impossible to find an image. If you still have the bottle in your possession you can take a good photo of it and publish it here and I will fix it.
So what I do now is just to check all new ratings and replace eventual temporary images with correct ones.
But added rum without a rating goes below the radar. So if you want me to replace such an added rum you got tell me on this thread.
Please, don’t hesitate to let me know about detected problems around images or if you want me to replace any temporary image. Best Regards Stefan
I found another oddball: Bumbu Original versus Bumbu XO. This company is like a minor version of Plantation since they buy their rum from various locations in the Caribbean and then age it themselves elsewhere. Bumbu Original claims to be from Barbados, but it is against Bajan laws to add sugar like this rum has lots of. On the other hand, Bumbu XO is from Panama, but both are labeled as being from Barbados on here. Perhaps the best solution here would be to label them both as being from the Caribbean just like the Plantation rums. And I saw another Bumbu in a solid white bottle, but that one is a rum cream and no telling where it is from. It stayed on the shelf, but I just had to ask the clerk behind the counter. I am sure that someone else will eventually submit a review for it.
How did I come across this? I checked all Panamanian rums on here for the Bumbu XO and it was not there. Since I did not feel like driving 200 miles to get more of the Frigate Reserve 15 Year from Don Pancho in Panama, I wondered what other Panamanian rums are available closer to home. I now have another bottle of Bumbu XO in my decreasing collection. Decent enough for not having to do all of that driving.
The Kaniche rums also come from multiple locations in the Caribbean, but I won't buy any more of those. Their Perfeccion is from Panama. Their Reserve and XO are from Barbados. All are labeled as being from Barbados here. They should all be labeled as being from the Caribbean. I also do believe that they are a side project of Plantation rums.
Hi Paul! This is a problem with, what I believe, all independent bottlers.
CDI that’s from France sells rum from most corners of the World.
The same goes for Velier from Italy and I can promise you that there are no Italian rum in their bottles.
Right now are most of the Rum companies to be found below respectively company’s home country. Except for some that’s below Caribbean, for example Plantation, but that’s not correct either cause Plantation sells rum for example from Fiji.
Maybe is the best way to handle this to use home country for the content, for example a Velier Foursquare xxx should be found below Barbados and named Foursquare xxx Released by Velier. Velier is a little like that now, but not totally.
So I think it should be good if it’s possible to search on Country (content) and bottler.
I have not brought up this question to Andy yet, but it would be interesting to hear the members opinion.
Hey all, few things to add to the discussion that might help:
1) I’m the past I’ve always defaulted to what is written on the bottle for the name, including country. I found when I tried to dig deeper and change something in the name not on the bottle then members would email saying the name was wrong.
2) Initially years ago I hacked the company naming system and put in ‘Caribbean’ as a name holder for companies with brands from multiple countries. Now the system pulls a global list of countries so adding a non country name isn’t easily possible right now without coding.
3) Brands that list county origin (eg from countries with multiple countries) are simple written in the brand name field, not pulled from a separate country dropdown selector, so filters aren’t possible right now. Could look to add a 2nd brand dropdown, but then filtering might be odd - eg add 2 country filters vs default country search to brand now (current) company.
4) Open to suggestions how to improve, always been a tough one to categorize country especially with more and more bottlers coming on the scene and also more 2nd aging in another county.
here is another pic that should be updated ...Cruzan Single Barrel....
The picture you added is used for Cruzan Single Barrel 5-12 Year.
When I googled it I came to the conclusion that Cruzan Single Barrel and Cruzan Single Barrel 5-12 Year is the same rum.
Do you have the same opinion?
Around 14 days ago I promised that I should publish a list of the temporary images (TI's) left after that I've gone through all brands and bottles on the site.
It's now 75 TI's left which is less than 1% of all bottles. Before I started there were around 20% if I remember right. If anyone of you find pictures or have the possibility to take good photos of bottles on the list, please add them at this thread.
There could be some more than 76 cause newly added unrated bottles goes under my radar. So if anyone notice TI's not on the list, please let me know.
Besides this there are 27 TI's on unrated rum not produced anymore mostly from US distilleries that's impossible to find photos of. I will in my next update to Andy suggest that they should be deleted.
Here is the list of Ti’s:
1. Beausejour Traditionel Blanc 50,
2. Caraibes Hors d’Age,
3. Bielle Brut de Fut Premium La Confrerie de 9-Year,
4. HSE 2003-2006,
5. Neisson 2016 Ed Hamilton French Limousin,
6. Barrel Jack Overproof,
7. Chairman’s Reserve Master’s Selection Martin Cate,
8. Foursquare Cask Selection Warehouse 1 12-Year,
9. Worthy Park 2011 WPL Warehouse Edition 9-Year,
10. Private Selection X1,
11. Private Selection X02,
12. Private Selection X3,
13. Private Selection Blend 26,
14. Vigia Anejo 7-Year,
15. Kröger & Thaler La Suerte XO,
16. Plantation Danish Cask Collection,
17. Plantation Trinidad 1997-2001-2010 Muscat Finish,
18. Plantation Contrabandista,
19. Plantation Guyana Aarhus Rommen 8-Year,
20. Plantation Haiti XO Smugglers Cave Edition,
21. Tres Hombres Hispanola,
22. Compagnie des Indes Trinidad Ans Port 9-Year,
23. Malibu Tia Maria,
24. Smuggler’s Cove Infinity Barrel June 2019,
25. Kinship House of fine Spirits 2012,
26. Grit City 2021 Medicine Hat,
27. Privateer Distillers Drawer Eskimo Bros Barrel Club,
28. Privateer Private Cask True Spirit 177 3-Year,
29. Sugar Island Banana,
30. Key West Rumbunctios Gold,
31. Cedar Ridge Clearheart,
32. House Spirits Triumvirate Original Edition,
33. House Spirits Triumvirate Final Edition,
34. Minhas Coop White,
35. Pacifica 174 Proof,
36. Thumb Butte Skull Valley,
37. Flagler Spirits Pirate Pete,
38. Demerara Eldorado,
39. El Dorado 2009 Port Mourant,
40. El Dorado 2012 Binny’s Single Barrel 7-Year,
41. El Dorado Smuggler’s Cove Private Reserve,
42. El Dorado Smuggler’s Cove Private Reserve Spiced,
43. Baluarte Extra Dry,
44. Smuggler Multi Island Cask Strength,
45. Pedrengo Batavias Blanco,
46. Cadenhead’s Trinidad Green Label 11-Year,
47. Cadenhead’s 2002 Guyana Enmore 11-Year,
48. Cadenhead’s Nicaraguan Green Label 8-Year,
49. Kill Devil (Hunter Liang) 1997 Guyana Cask Strength 20-Year,
50. Crossbones Saint Christopher XO,
51. Moose wood Gold,
52. Moose wood Keiron wood 2,
53. Coles Rumberry,
54. Distillutions 2019 Coffee Vanilla,
55. Bills Spiced,
56. Linzgeiserder Inländer Rum,
57. Schooner Light & Dry Caribbean Rum,
58. Spirited Union 2021 Zoethoudertje Mammamir,
59. Spirited Union Sweet Chocolate Temptation,
60. William George Blend 5-Year,
61. Rum Company Navy Rum,
62. Rum Company Panama Port Cask Finish,
63. N. Kroger Cask Strength 14-Year,
64. Monkey Island Calypso Jamaica Rum Mixed Spirit,
65. Robby Selected Dark,
66. RomDeLuxe 2002 Batch 7 18-Year,
67. S.B.S. Highland Malt Finish 23-Year,
68. S.B.S. Juicy Calvados Finish,
69. S.B.S. 1423 Indian Rum,
70. Thorkilds 15-Year,
71. Falkensten Oloroso Barrel,
72. Skjold Burne Stenlöse Jule 2018 Caribbean XO Solera 15-Year,
73. Rivière du Mat 1950 Ile de la Reunion,
74. Garuda Gold,
75. The Kimberly Rum Company Newport Spiced
Stefan I originally rated the Cruzan Single Barrel (5-12 years) in the original post. There are now 131 ratings in It but the original bottle has changed twice since then which is now the one I provided you the pic. The taste has not changed one bit so I thought the pic should be updated. I now see the pic I sent you with 2 ratings in it.
The image is now updated and I will report to Andy in my next update that "Cruzan Single Barrel" and "Cruzan Single Barrel 5-12 Year" is the same rum and should be put together.
Advertisement | Go Premium to remove
Are you sure?
Add RumRatings to your home screen for quicker access.
All you have to do is click the
icon and then
Add to Home Screen