What do you want to see added to RumRatings? We're always looking to improve based on feedback - so please reply with your suggest!
Signup to like this comment
I've got one: When sorting rums by ratings, would it be possible to have a second level filter that would allow to filter out rums with only one or two reviews?
It's good t have a single advice for very rare rums but when looking for the most appreciated rums, you can hardly rely on one single advice: Tasting is really subjective, even such a good rum (in my opinion) as the Pusser's British Navy 15 years old is rated from 5 to 10.
By the way there's a bug regarding the latest replier to the topics of this forum: The date and time are the good ones, however the member mentioned is the one that opened the topic, not the one that replied.
Hi, it's me again ^^ : What do you think about granting the ability to reach another member through private messages or emails (of course recipient email would not be known by the sender unless the recipient replies)?
Two other ones for the road:
1. It is displayed that we received some 'Likes' from fellow rum enthusiasts. It might reinforce the interactivity on the site if we could know who liked our comments (and which ones by the way).
2. There is a link on each rum page that allows to create a discussion about this rum or to discover whether there is already a discussion existing. In my opinion, it would also renforce the interactivity on the site whether the link would:
- a. directly displayed that there is (are) existing discussion(s) (like it is displayed once you have clicked on the link),
- b. be more obviously highlighted as a link: As it is grayed out, one (me for instance) could think that it is unavailable.
A submission form to add rums missing in the database. Forms are easier than email for both sides.
@RhumsTeq - just finished up two of your request:
1) On the explore tab when sorting by rating now the minimum is 5 ratings to remove the odd single 10 rating from raising to the top
2) Forum topic bug now solved and states correct forum topic poster username
Can someone explain how X rum is rated in the top five with only a handful of favorable to mediocre ratings. And z rum is rated much lower but has in excess of twenty-five very favorable ratings. Somewhat confusing .
I'd like the possibility to add a rum to my cabinet, and rate it, but not write a review.
And how can I add something to my wish list?
maybe adding a price range will also be a good feature.
Sorting by newley added. I like that.
I'm new to the app but would like to see an option for rating a manufacturer
After enjoying this web site for several months, I have two suggestions:
1. I'm especially interested in rums that are good quality for the money and many members have made comments about rums that they thought fit this category. Finding these "best buy" rums requires reading many reviews. Perhaps you could offer an optional box to mark that indicates a "good value" to signify a favorable price to quality ratio. With enough "votes" these rums could be brought to our attention.
2. (This has already been suggested, but I'm including my reason). I'd also like to be able to contact fellow members. One of the major contributors has very similar tastes to mine so when exploring rums, I often look for his ratings and comments. This is the single best guide for what to try and I'd like to confer with him occasionally.
Thanks for this great resource, Andy. While there are other web sites available that provide more detailed information, history, etc., this is my favorite and most reliable resource for exploring rum.
Columbus, Ohio, USA
The ability to follow a user who has given good rum advice and has a similar taste or liking to the rums that you like. Where to buy and price guides would be great
Ditto on where to buy and price guides.
The ability to contact other members and view their profiles would be great! Posting ratings is fine, but being able to.chat with other like minded enthusiasts would make this much more enjoyable.
Thanks for the feedback Scott. On the immediate list are adding prices to each rum (tons of requests for that), and then I'd like to add some kind of follow and direct message ability between users - as I agree it's fun to engage directly with someone who has similar tastes!
I didn't read all of the replies so I'm not sure if this was stated before. First I wanted to say this is awesome app and I'm glad I'm part of it. i would like the app to be more interactive such as twitter, able to like someone's post and they know about it. Also I would like to converse back & forth with the person directly instead of hoping someone replies to my question in the "discuss" section. Also would like to be able to find people that we may Know or like to follow. Thanks
Also an easier way to find rums. Ex. I typed in brugal 1888 & nothing came up. Then I typed in brugal 1888 rum & it found it. Kinda weird since it's an old rum site, that you need to put "rum" in the title.
I confirm there's a problem finding rum through the search engine: 2 weeks ago, I wanted to add a review for "Saint James Royal Ambré" and the search engine could not fin either "Saint James" or "St James". I finally found it while browsing the manufacturer's name where it appears with a dot (St. James).
Any chance this app will get a make over and fix some ofvthe issues that are stated above and in other discuss forums. Thanks . LOOK FORWARD TO A REPLY
1) Having a "limited run" and/or "Discontinued" marker would be nice (mostly so wee'd know that it's useless to try to find it...........
2) price and availability links
filter by region/country can be helpful.
Can you please add half's for the ratings system i.e. 8 1/2, 7 1/2.
Also I just rated Panamonte XXV can you please add a picture of the bottle?
I'm all for adding Price Range, Where to Buy and Newly Added.
Agree that price range would be a good feature, only problem is that prices differ a lot per region. In Ireland alcohol is a lot more expensive than in my home country the Netherlands for example.
However I'm sure that you can pull statistics from the website and give prices for the 3 countries with the most users or something along those lines.
Also I think it would be nice to search for reviews per country, as not all rums are (widely) sold world wide. If you can search reviews per country combined with most popular it should be possible to find some nice gems that are widely sold in your region.
Also agree that the Direct Messaging would add a community feel.
On that note it might also be nice to follow/friend people whose reviews you enjoy.
I have discovered this rum database for several days and I have to admit it's a very good work. Thanks for that.
However, I have a bug to report.
When I go to another user cabinet and click on a bottle to see its review, the review is not always displayed. Only if the review is located on the first page of comments for this rum. If the review is on a further page, the user comment is not displayed as only the first rum page appears. I hope I'm clear enough...
It's a bit of a shame because when I found a review I'm interested in, I like to read other reviews of this user...
Appears to have been corrected - Thank you!
It would be nice to be able to see/read all the review by one member when looking at his profile.
It would give us the ability to find new rum that are most likely to like/dislike based on similarity/difference in ratings/taste.
Like the new follow user function, nice work!
However I noticed that (on the app) it's now difficult to get to your own shelves (unless I'm doing something terribly wrong).
I've also recently just discovered rum and your site. Nicely done. Looking to benefit from the community.
A couple ideas for improvement:
1) Where shopping information is shown, I'd like to know if the rum is still in production so I don't waste my time looking for something no longer available. Also, the "Best Price" isn't and the links in the "Prices" is usually the UK (even when US flag is shown). Can we set preferences for country (eg UK merchants will not ship to US) or can the site read that from my profile? My local liquor store here in Houston Texas (Specs) sells El Dorado 15-Year for $42 on-line, while the site says $65 is the Best Price and only shows UK availability.
2) Ability to search the reviews (eg I'd like to see which rum gets the most mentions of "complex" or "sweet" or whatever). Or provide one of those variable-word-size-walls based on the word usages in the reviews.
3) Allow a new class of member - bars. Would be nice if my local Tiki bar could list which rums they have on hand and that way I could figure out where to go to taste something I'm after.
Garo, aka "Rhum Man"
Hey there Rhum Man, thanks so much for the feedback. To comment on your suggestions:
1) My top priority at the moment is auto pulling prices from a bunch of online rum vendors. I hope to do exactly what you mentioned, show prices that apply to where each user is located - so if you're in the US optimally the best prices in the US are shown and not UK. I hope to have this up and running in the next month or so :)
2) Cool idea to have a word cloud associated with each rum - I'll put that on the ideas list. I'm planning in the medium term to have sliders so when rating a user can rate specific aspects like sweetness, complexity, finish, etc.
3) Also something on the radar for sure - having a page for each rum bar where they can list their collection. That will take some development time, but it's certainly something I'd like to do in the near future.
Thanks for all the suggestions - all great and things I'm planning for the future! Happy rating :)
Allow us to keep our inventory. Ie a rum on my "Shelf" in this website doesn't mean I own it. So maybe a field that says own it ... check box. That way I can rate rums I own and rums I don't and use the app to show my rums I have. Then print a list of them sorted by my rating and show the check box for whether I have it or not...
I don't know how others would react to this, but I want to be able to share my wishlist... just my wishlist... with others.
I posted about it here, too:
Hey Andy, this may be an odd one but perhaps an option to check how/where you sampled a rum you've rated? I've ordered some higher end rums I'm quite familiar with from local bars only to find the taste off or bland, when questioning the bartender I might find that an open bottle has been on the bar for a year or more! I strive to update reviews as I finished bottles that I have purchased as I have found that often my impression of a rum will change as I get further into a bottle. Even possibly the ability to submit a rating on the first pour and the last. :)
Adding our city to our location would be helpful (especially in north america) since alcohol laws are different in each province (and state) and that determines availability.
I've had to scour 3 provinces and 2 states to get my hands on some of my rums since most won't ship out of province or state.
Sorry to Delectabee above. I thought i was "liking" his comment, but i reported it by mistake. I think a "best buy" selection would be great. I recently made a purchase and found the best rum so far, Plantation XO 20th Anniversary. 226 reviews, but it took some searching to find it.
@Stabby: WHERE did you find THAT.
I've been looking for a bottle everywhere
Hey Andy. I'm sure it's been answered but couldn't find it. How do i do a review of a rum not on your page?
Hi, few thing that are nice to have for me:
1. sorting my own ratings by date
2. to see on which rating i received the like
3. to see by whom the like was given
4. to see who are my followers
Please put a "bottom" button on your mobile site to take you all the way to the newest posts in the discussion threads. You have a "top" button so it can't be hard to do. It can take forever to scroll to the bottom on my phone.
exactly, and what a pain.
I want to delete my rating of Old Monk 7-Year. Help me.
When I get an email with a link for a new post in a thread I'm following, it'd be cool to have a link that goes straight to the new post in question in the thread, instead of having to scroll down to find it.
Or have ALL posts listed Newest (on top) to Oldest (at the bottom)
^I would honestly prefer that not to be that way. Maybe because I'm so used to the typical forum format, I do like it when a thread shows posts in chronological order.
With that said, along with my want of links that go directly to new posts, it'd also be great to be able to use BB or HTML code to quote people, format posts (italics, bold, underline, strikethrough, use symbols, etc), and so on.
Really... I guess what I'm requesting is a true forum for the site... :D
Hi everyone - wow this discussion has gotten quite long, thanks for all the feedback - I have definitely noted each request and they are all sorted on the development list.
If you have any future requests please add them to the feedback form: https://rumratings.uservoice.com/forums/173370-rumratings-feedback.
Now that users are able to add rum on their own to the rumbase (https://www.rumratings.com/brands/new) I'll use the forum exclusively for feedback from now on.
I can't tell who liked my ratings or which rating they liked.
Hi Andy! Congratulations on the website, it has shown to be extremely helpful in my Rum adventure, and is now one of my favourite companions in exploring better this world!
One request would be to link the "back" button of android devices with the "back" feature of the browsing navigation. Right now it closes the app everytime I use it and can be very frustrating. I am sure some users might leave the app for that same reason.
Let me know if you need additional details.
An option to add a rum that’s not on the list.
I'd love to be able to export data to CSV so I can do my own analytics.
@Stone if you head over to the Explore tab, scroll down to the bottom and you'll find a link to add new rums: https://www.rumratings.com/brands/new.
@One808 head over to your settings (button on your cabinet screen) and you can export :) It's a GDPR requirement in the EU, although we went a little over and beyond making it that easy to see all the data you've ever created on RR.
1) Would it be possible to add other icons in the Flair cabinet that could be used to rate our reviews, i.e. Gold Bar icon (for favorite rums), Silver Bar icon and Bronze icons etc...
2) when I scroll through new entries and get to the bottom of the page I hit “next” and th3 same reviews come back. Bug!
@Andy Okay, I looked at the exported data and I could probably wrangle it into a useful format, but if you could export the comments as an actual CSV, it'd help:
Title, Body, Subject, Created at
"What features do you want most?", "I'd love to be able to export data to CSV so I can do my own analytics.", "", "2019-12-10 05:49:48 UTC"
"Some other topic", "My comment", "....", ""
Also, IDEALLY, I'd love to be able to export the rum database - name, score distributions, etc. in a similar format. :-)
I think people should have to review anywhere between 4 to 10 rums before their scores get counted in a rum's overall rating. There's too many rums with lots of "10" scores from users with only one review.
I'm new to the site, and I haven't been around everything yet.
A flavor spiral, or filter that indicates the strength and presence of flavors in each rum would be great if it doesn't already exist (for example: vanilla, spicy, honey, caramel, smoky, syrup, coffee, etc.)
I don’t know if it was ever brought up but I find that the light green font colour in the Stream portion of this site (name of the rum, name of the ratee and the number of ratings) are hard to see. Wondering if bolding these or changing the fonts to a darker colour might make it easier to read. Younger members probably don’t have this problem and maybe it’s my eyesight or age but a darker colour (or bolding these) would be appreciated.
It would be fantastic to add the rums i own to the base, not just the ones i've tasted like one user said before.
Advertisement | Go Premium to remove